How to make your advisor happy:
- don’t argue
- immediately do whatever s/he tells you to
- work as much as humanly possible
- get tons of results
How to be a good scientist:
- argue back; think about whether ideas make sense
- do what makes sense to do next, even if it’s not what your advisor said
- work hard, but in a way that’s sustainable and keeps you happy and healthy
- get lots (maybe not tons) of deliberately-targeted results
Of course, a sane
advisor will want the latter.
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://drshellie.blogsome.com/2012/01/12/advisor-vs-self/trackback/
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>